To use the drum clean function in a Bosch washing machine, follow these steps:
1. Empty the washing machine: Make sure there are no clothes or other items inside the drum.
2. Add cleaning agent: Pour a recommended drum cleaner or descaler into the detergent drawer or directly into the drum. Refer to the user manual or the manufacturer’s instructions for the recommended amount of cleaning agent to use.
3. Select the drum clean program: Turn on the washing machine and select the drum clean program. This program is usually represented by a symbol that looks like a drum or a tub with water waves. If you’re unsure, consult the user manual for your specific Bosch washing machine model.
4. Start the program: Press the start button to begin the drum clean program. The machine will fill with water and start agitating to clean the drum.
5. Complete the cycle: Allow the drum clean program to run its full cycle. This usually takes around 1-2 hours, depending on the specific machine and program selected.
6. Wipe the drum and door seal: Once the cycle is complete, open the door and wipe the drum and door seal with a clean cloth to remove any residue or buildup.
7. Rinse the detergent drawer: Remove the detergent drawer and rinse it under running water to ensure it is clean and free from any cleaning agent residue.
8. Regular maintenance: To keep your washing machine in optimal condition, it is recommended to perform regular drum clean cycles every few months or as needed. This helps prevent odors, mold, and limescale buildup.
Remember to always refer to the user manual provided with your Bosch washing machine for specific instructions and guidelines.