To open the transport lock cover on a Bosch washing machine, follow these steps:
1. Locate the transport lock cover: The transport lock cover is usually located at the back of the washing machine. It is a small plastic cover that needs to be removed before using the machine.
2. Remove the screws: Use a screwdriver to remove the screws holding the transport lock cover in place. The number of screws may vary depending on the model, but there are usually two or three screws.
3. Take off the transport lock cover: Once the screws are removed, gently lift the transport lock cover off the washing machine. It should come off easily, revealing the transport bolts underneath.
4. Remove the transport bolts: The transport bolts are usually plastic or metal pins that secure the drum during transportation. They prevent the drum from moving and causing damage. To remove the transport bolts, simply unscrew them using a wrench or pliers. There are typically three or four transport bolts.
5. Store the transport bolts: After removing the transport bolts, keep them in a safe place. You will need them if you ever need to transport the washing machine again.
6. Close the transport lock cover: Once the transport bolts are removed, carefully place the transport lock cover back onto the washing machine and secure it with the screws. Make sure the cover is properly aligned and tightened.
7. Test the machine: After completing the above steps, you can now test the washing machine. It should be ready for use without any issues.
Remember, it is important to remove the transport bolts and open the transport lock cover before using the washing machine. Failure to do so can cause damage to the machine and affect its performance.
For more detailed instructions specific to your Bosch washing machine model, refer to the user manual or visit the official Bosch website.
External link: [Bosch Washing Machine User Manual](https://www.bosch-home.com/us/support/product-registration)