To lock the drum of your Bosch washing machine during transport, follow these steps:
1. Unplug the washing machine from the power source.
2. Turn off the water supply to the machine.
3. Empty the drum of any clothes or water.
4. Locate the transport bolts or screws at the back of the machine. These are usually plastic bolts that secure the drum during transportation to prevent damage.
5. Use a wrench or a screwdriver to loosen and remove the transport bolts. Keep them in a safe place for future use.
6. Once the transport bolts are removed, you may find plastic caps that cover the holes where the bolts were inserted. Remove these caps and store them safely as well.
7. Replace the back panel of the machine and ensure it is securely fastened.
8. If your Bosch washing machine has a transit bar, insert it into the designated slots on the back of the machine. This bar helps stabilize the drum during transportation.
9. If your machine does not have a transit bar, you can use blankets or towels to secure the drum. Simply wrap them around the drum to prevent it from moving around.
10. Finally, ensure that all hoses and cords are securely tucked away and not dangling, as they can get damaged during transport.
By following these steps, you will properly lock the drum of your Bosch washing machine for safe transportation.
For more detailed instructions, you can refer to the user manual of your specific Bosch washing machine model.
– Bosch Home Appliances: https://www.bosch-home.com/