To clean your Bosch front load washing machine, follow these simple steps:
1. Remove any clothes or items from the machine and make sure the drum is empty.
2. Mix a solution of equal parts water and vinegar in a spray bottle. Vinegar is a natural cleaner that helps remove dirt, grime, and odors.
3. Spray the inside of the drum, door, and rubber gasket with the vinegar solution. Pay extra attention to any areas with visible dirt or stains.
4. Use a soft cloth or sponge to wipe down the sprayed areas. Make sure to clean the rubber gasket thoroughly as it can collect detergent residue and mold.
5. Remove the detergent dispenser drawer and soak it in warm, soapy water. Use a brush or toothbrush to scrub away any built-up detergent or fabric softener.
6. Clean the filter located at the bottom of the machine. Twist it counterclockwise to remove it and rinse it under running water to remove any debris.
7. Run a cleaning cycle on your washing machine. You can use a specialized washing machine cleaner or simply add 1 cup of vinegar to the drum and run a hot water cycle.
8. Once the cycle is complete, wipe down the inside of the drum and door again with a clean cloth or sponge.
9. Leave the door open for a while to allow the drum to air dry and prevent any musty odors.
10. Finally, clean the exterior of the machine with a damp cloth and mild detergent.
Regularly cleaning your Bosch front load washing machine will help maintain its performance and prevent any unpleasant odors. It is recommended to clean the machine every 1-3 months, depending on usage.
For more detailed instructions, you can refer to the Bosch website’s maintenance section: [https://www.bosch-home.com/us/support/articles/maintenance-and-care-for-your-bosch-washing-machine]