To descale your Bosch washing machine, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Empty the washing machine: Remove any laundry or items from the washing machine before starting the descaling process.
2. Prepare the descaling solution: Mix equal parts of water and white vinegar or use a descaling agent specifically designed for washing machines. Check the manufacturer’s instructions for the recommended amount of descaling solution to use.
3. Add the descaling solution: Pour the descaling solution into the detergent drawer or directly into the drum of the washing machine. Make sure to distribute it evenly.
4. Run a hot wash cycle: Set the washing machine to the highest temperature and longest wash cycle. Start the machine and let it run through a complete cycle. This will help dissolve and remove any limescale or mineral deposits.
5. Wipe down the drum and detergent drawer: After the cycle is complete, open the door and wipe down the drum and rubber seal with a damp cloth. Remove any residue or buildup that may be present. Also, remove the detergent drawer and clean it thoroughly.
6. Rinse the machine: Run an additional rinse cycle with clean water to remove any remaining descaling solution or vinegar.
7. Clean the filter: If your Bosch washing machine has a filter, check the manufacturer’s instructions on how to clean it. This will help ensure optimal performance and prevent clogs.
8. Regular maintenance: To prevent limescale buildup in the future, consider using a descaling agent regularly. Also, periodically check and clean the detergent drawer, rubber seal, and filter.
Remember to consult your Bosch washing machine’s user manual for specific instructions and recommendations for descaling. Following these steps will help keep your washing machine clean and functioning efficiently.
For more detailed instructions, you can refer to the official Bosch website: https://www.bosch-home.com/us/service/get-support/washing-machine/descaling-your-washing-machine