To use the LG refrigerator smart diagnosis feature, follow these steps:
1. Download the LG SmartThinQ app: Start by downloading the LG SmartThinQ app on your smartphone or tablet. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices and can be found in the respective app stores.
2. Create an account: Once you have downloaded the app, open it and create a new account. You will need to provide some basic information and agree to the terms and conditions.
3. Connect your refrigerator: Make sure your LG refrigerator is connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Refer to the refrigerator’s user manual for instructions on how to connect it to Wi-Fi.
4. Add your refrigerator to the app: Open the SmartThinQ app and tap on the “+” button to add a new device. Select “Refrigerator” from the list of available devices and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your refrigerator to the app.
5. Enable smart diagnosis: Once your refrigerator is successfully connected to the app, go to the settings menu and enable the smart diagnosis feature. This feature allows the refrigerator to automatically diagnose any issues and provide troubleshooting steps.
6. Troubleshoot issues: If your refrigerator encounters any problems, the smart diagnosis feature will notify you through the app. Simply open the app and follow the instructions provided to troubleshoot the issue. The app may suggest simple solutions or recommend contacting customer support for further assistance.
It’s important to note that the smart diagnosis feature is designed to assist with troubleshooting and provide guidance. In case of major issues or repairs, it is still recommended to contact LG customer support or a certified technician.
For more detailed instructions or specific troubleshooting steps, refer to the LG refrigerator’s user manual or visit the LG support website.
– LG SmartThinQ app: [https://www.lg.com/global/support/smartthinq](https://www.lg.com/global/support/smartthinq)