Removing malware from a Windows 10 PC is an important task to ensure the security and smooth functioning of your computer. Here are some steps you can follow to remove malware:
1. Update your antivirus software: Make sure your antivirus software is up to date as it will have the latest virus definitions. If you don’t have antivirus software, it’s highly recommended to install one.
2. Run a full scan: Open your antivirus software and run a full system scan. This will help detect and remove any malware present on your PC. Be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
3. Use Windows Defender: Windows 10 includes a built-in antivirus program called Windows Defender. Open the Windows Security app (press the Windows key, type “Windows Security,” and open the app). Go to the “Virus & Threat Protection” tab and click on “Quick Scan” or “Full Scan” to scan for and remove malware using Windows Defender.
4. Use Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes is a popular anti-malware tool that can effectively remove malware from your PC. Download and install Malwarebytes from their official website, then run a scan and follow the instructions to remove any threats found.
5. Remove suspicious programs: Open the Control Panel by typing “Control Panel” in the Windows search bar, then click on “Programs” or “Programs and Features” (depending on your view settings). Look for any suspicious or unfamiliar programs installed on your PC and uninstall them.
6. Reset web browsers: Malware often affects web browsers. Resetting them can help remove any malicious extensions or settings. Open the browser’s settings and search for the reset option.