To remove the doors on your LG side-by-side refrigerator, follow these steps:
1. Unplug the refrigerator: Before starting any maintenance or removal process, it’s important to unplug the refrigerator from the power source to ensure safety.
2. Empty the contents: Remove all items from the refrigerator doors and shelves. This will make the doors lighter and easier to handle during the removal process.
3. Locate the hinge cover: On the top of the refrigerator door, you’ll find a hinge cover. Gently pry it open using a flathead screwdriver or your fingers. This will expose the hinge screws.
4. Remove the hinge screws: Using a Phillips screwdriver, loosen and remove the screws that secure the hinges to the refrigerator. Keep these screws in a safe place, as you’ll need them when reinstalling the doors.
5. Lift the door off the bottom hinge: With the screws removed, carefully lift the door upward to detach it from the bottom hinge. It may require some wiggling or slight force to release it completely.
6. Remove the top hinge: Once the door is off, locate the screws on the top hinge and remove them. This will free the top hinge from the refrigerator.
7. Repeat the process for the other door: Follow the same steps to remove the other door, starting from step 3.
8. Store the doors safely: Place the doors in a secure location where they won’t get damaged. It’s recommended to lay them flat to prevent warping.
Remember to keep track of all the screws and small parts during the removal process. When reinstalling the doors, simply reverse these steps. Make sure to align the hinges properly and tighten the screws securely.
For more detailed instructions or visual guidance, you can refer to the LG refrigerator’s user manual. Here is a link to the official LG support page where you can find the manual: [LG Support Page](https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-LFXS30766S.ASTCNA0)