Locking the door of your LG refrigerator can be a useful safety measure, especially if you have young children or want to prevent unauthorized access. Here’s how to lock the doors of an LG refrigerator:
For French Door and Side-by-Side Refrigerators:
- Locate the Lock Button: On the control panel or display panel of your LG refrigerator, find the “Lock” or “Lock/Unlock” button. It’s usually near the water and ice dispenser.
- Press and Hold the Lock Button: Press and hold the “Lock” button for 3 to 5 seconds. You’ll typically see an indicator light or message on the display confirming that the doors are locked.
- To Unlock: To unlock the doors, press and hold the “Lock” button again for a few seconds until the indicator light or message indicates that the doors are unlocked.
For Top Freezer Refrigerators:
For top freezer models, the locking mechanism may be different. Here’s a general guideline:
- Locate the Lock Button or Lever: Check for a lock button or lever on the inside of the fridge, near the top.
- Push or Slide the Lock Button or Lever: Depending on the design, you might need to push the button or slide the lever to engage the lock.
- To Unlock: To unlock the doors, simply push or slide the button or lever back to its original position.