To clean the drain pump of your Bosch washing machine, follow these steps:
1. Turn off the washing machine and unplug it from the power source.
2. Locate the drain pump access panel, which is usually located at the front or back of the machine.
3. Use a screwdriver or a coin to remove the screws or fasteners securing the access panel.
4. Once the access panel is removed, you will see the drain pump filter. Place a towel or a shallow container beneath it to catch any water that may spill out.
5. Slowly unscrew the drain pump filter cap counterclockwise. Be prepared for some water to come out as you unscrew it. If there is excessive water, you can use a wet/dry vacuum to remove it before proceeding.
6. Remove any debris or lint from the filter and clean it thoroughly under running water. Use a brush or toothbrush to scrub away any stubborn dirt.
7. Check the drain pump impeller, located behind the filter, for any obstructions. Gently remove any debris or objects that may be blocking it.
8. Once the filter and impeller are clean, reattach the drain pump filter cap by screwing it back on clockwise.
9. Replace the access panel and secure it with the screws or fasteners.
10. Plug the washing machine back into the power source and turn it on to check if the drain pump is working properly.
Remember to refer to your Bosch washing machine’s user manual for specific instructions and diagrams, as the location of the drain pump may vary depending on the model.
For more detailed instructions, you can visit the official Bosch website: [https://www.bosch-home.com/us/support/articles/how-to-clean-the-drain-pump-of-your-washing-machine]