To reset the icemaker on an LG refrigerator, follow these steps:
1. Locate the reset button: The reset button is usually located on the control panel of the refrigerator. It may be labeled as “Ice Maker,” “Reset,” or have a small button with an icon of an ice cube.
2. Press and hold the reset button: Press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds until you hear a chime or the display panel changes.
3. Wait for the icemaker to reset: After releasing the reset button, wait for a few minutes to allow the icemaker to reset and go through its startup process.
4. Check for ice production: Once the icemaker has reset, check if it starts producing ice. It may take a few hours for the first batch of ice to be made.
If the above steps do not work, you can also try the following additional troubleshooting steps:
1. Check the water supply: Ensure that the water supply to the refrigerator is turned on and the water line is not clogged or frozen.
2. Check the ice maker switch: Make sure the ice maker switch is turned on. It is usually located near the icemaker or on the control panel.
3. Reset the power: If the icemaker still does not reset, try unplugging the refrigerator from the power outlet for a few minutes, then plug it back in. This can sometimes resolve any temporary glitches.
If none of these steps work, it is recommended to refer to the LG refrigerator’s user manual or contact LG customer support for further assistance.
For more detailed instructions and illustrations, you can refer to the LG support website: [LG Refrigerator Support](https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000021-1400773605181-ice-maker-not-making-ice)