To replace the LG refrigerator Pure and Fresh filter, follow these simple steps:
1. Locate the filter: The filter is usually located inside the refrigerator, either in the upper right corner or the bottom left corner. Refer to your refrigerator’s user manual for the exact location.
2. Turn off the water supply: Before replacing the filter, it’s important to turn off the water supply to prevent any leaks. Locate the water shut-off valve behind the refrigerator and turn it clockwise to shut off the water.
3. Remove the old filter: Once the water supply is turned off, open the refrigerator door and locate the filter housing. Twist the old filter counterclockwise to remove it from the housing. Be cautious as some water may drip out.
4. Prepare the new filter: Take the new LG refrigerator Pure and Fresh filter out of its packaging. Remove any protective caps or seals from the filter. It’s recommended to soak the new filter in water for about 5 minutes to activate the carbon filter.
5. Install the new filter: Insert the new filter into the filter housing and twist it clockwise until it locks into place. Make sure it is securely tightened to prevent any leaks.
6. Turn on the water supply: Once the new filter is installed, turn on the water supply by turning the shut-off valve behind the refrigerator counterclockwise. Check for any leaks and ensure the water flows properly.
7. Reset the filter indicator: Some LG refrigerators have a filter indicator light that needs to be reset after replacing the filter. Refer to your refrigerator’s user manual for instructions on how to reset the filter indicator.
8. Run water through the filter: To remove any air or impurities from the new filter, run water through it for a few minutes. This will ensure clean and fresh water for your refrigerator.
Remember to replace the LG refrigerator Pure and Fresh filter every 6 months or as recommended by the manufacturer to maintain optimal performance and water quality.
For more detailed instructions or specific model information, you can refer to the LG official website or the user manual of your refrigerator.
– LG Official Website: [www.lg.com](https://www.lg.com)
– LG Refrigerator User Manual