To replace the air filter in your LG refrigerator, follow these simple steps:
1. Locate the air filter: The air filter is usually located inside the refrigerator compartment. Refer to your refrigerator’s user manual for the exact location.
2. Remove the old air filter: Open the refrigerator door and locate the filter cover. Depending on the model, the cover may be on the back wall or ceiling of the refrigerator. Remove the cover by gently pulling it towards you or pressing the release button, if applicable. Take out the old air filter from its housing.
3. Prepare the new air filter: Unpack the new air filter from its packaging. Before installing it, remove any plastic wrapping or protective covers.
4. Install the new air filter: Insert the new air filter into the filter housing, making sure it is properly aligned. Push it in until it clicks into place. If there is a filter indicator light on your refrigerator, press and hold the reset button for a few seconds to reset the filter indicator.
5. Replace the filter cover: Put the filter cover back in place by aligning it with the slots or hooks. Push it firmly until it snaps into position.
6. Reset the filter indicator (if applicable): If your refrigerator has a filter indicator light, press and hold the reset button for a few seconds to reset the indicator.
7. Clean the refrigerator: Wipe down the interior of the refrigerator with a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris that may have accumulated during the filter replacement process.
Remember to replace your LG refrigerator’s air filter every 6 months or as recommended by the manufacturer to ensure optimal performance and maintain the freshness of your food.
For more detailed instructions or specific information about your LG refrigerator model, refer to the user manual or visit LG’s official website.
LG Support: https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000021-20150140270078-others