To remove the freezer door from an LG refrigerator, follow these steps:
1. Empty the freezer: Take out all the items from the freezer and place them in a cooler or another freezer to keep them cold.
2. Unplug the refrigerator: Ensure that the refrigerator is unplugged from the power source to avoid any accidents.
3. Locate the hinge cover: Look for a plastic or metal cover on the top of the freezer door hinge. This cover conceals the screws that hold the door in place.
4. Remove the hinge cover: Gently pry off the hinge cover using a flathead screwdriver or your fingers. Be careful not to damage the cover or surrounding area.
5. Unscrew the hinge screws: Once the hinge cover is removed, you will see the screws holding the hinge in place. Use a screwdriver to loosen and remove these screws. Keep them in a safe place for reassembly later.
6. Lift the door off the hinge: With the screws removed, carefully lift the freezer door off the hinge. It may be helpful to have someone assist you in holding the door steady while you lift it off.
7. Store the door safely: Place the removed freezer door in a secure location to prevent any damage or accidents.
Remember to refer to your LG refrigerator’s user manual for specific instructions or diagrams that may be applicable to your model.
For more detailed instructions and visual guidance, you can refer to the LG support website or watch tutorial videos on platforms like YouTube.
– LG Support: https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000021-20150140270078-others