To clean the condenser coils on your LG French door refrigerator, follow these simple steps:
1. Unplug the refrigerator: Before you start cleaning, make sure to unplug the refrigerator from the power source to avoid any accidents.
2. Locate the condenser coils: The condenser coils are usually located at the back of the refrigerator. In some models, they may be found underneath the refrigerator. Refer to your refrigerator’s user manual or check LG’s official website for specific instructions on locating the coils.
3. Remove the access panel: If your refrigerator has an access panel covering the condenser coils, remove it by unscrewing the screws or clips holding it in place. Set aside the panel for later.
4. Use a soft brush or vacuum cleaner: Once the coils are exposed, use a soft brush or a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to gently remove any dust, dirt, or debris from the coils. Be careful not to apply too much pressure or damage the coils.
5. Clean hard-to-reach areas: If there are any stubborn dirt or debris in hard-to-reach areas, you can use a condenser coil cleaning brush or a long, flexible brush to reach and clean those spots.
6. Vacuum the surrounding area: After cleaning the coils, use a vacuum cleaner to remove any loose dirt or debris from the surrounding area. This will prevent the dirt from being sucked back into the coils.
7. Reattach the access panel: Once the coils and surrounding area are clean, reattach the access panel by securing the screws or clips back in place.
8. Plug in the refrigerator: Finally, plug the refrigerator back into the power source and ensure that it is working properly.
It is recommended to clean the condenser coils on your LG French door refrigerator at least once or twice a year to maintain its efficiency and prolong its lifespan.
For more detailed instructions or if you encounter any issues, refer to the user manual provided with your refrigerator or visit LG’s official website for assistance.
External link reference:
– LG official website: [www.lg.com](https://www.lg.com)