To change the air filter in your LG refrigerator, follow these simple steps:
1. Locate the air filter: The air filter is usually located inside the refrigerator, either at the back wall or on the ceiling. Refer to your refrigerator’s user manual for the exact location.
2. Remove the old air filter: Once you’ve located the air filter, gently pull it out. Some models may have a cover or housing that needs to be opened before accessing the filter. Take note of how the old filter is positioned so you can install the new one correctly.
3. Clean the filter housing: Before installing the new filter, it’s a good idea to clean the filter housing to remove any dust or debris. You can use a soft cloth or a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment for this.
4. Install the new air filter: Take the new air filter out of its packaging and align it with the filter housing. Make sure it is inserted in the same orientation as the old filter. Push it in firmly until it clicks into place.
5. Reset the filter indicator: Some LG refrigerators have a filter indicator light that needs to be reset after replacing the air filter. Refer to your user manual for instructions on how to reset the indicator.
6. Test the refrigerator: Once the new filter is installed and the indicator is reset, close the filter housing or cover. Give the refrigerator some time to circulate the filtered air, and then check if it’s working properly.
Remember to replace the air filter every 6 months or as recommended by LG to ensure optimal performance and clean air circulation in your refrigerator.
For more detailed instructions or specific model information, you can refer to the LG website or contact LG customer support at [phone number] or [email address].
External link reference:
– LG Support: [link to LG refrigerator support page]